SHIPPING TIME: Natural Finishes typically ship same day to 10 days, Standard Painted finishes typically 10 to 15 days and Premium Colors 15+ days.SHIPPING RESTRICTION: Due to Proposition 65 and local building codes and regulations, polyurethane foam cannot ship into the state of California.
Price per sq. ft.
: $1.92 / sq. ft.
$184.00 – $467.00
NRC Range: 0.80 – 0.95
Sheet size: 24″ x 48″
SONEX Mini panels provide excellent sound absorption, especially in environments requiring high-frequency noise control.
GET SPECIAL PRICES ON BULK ORDERS (Min. 10 boxes)
Made from exclusive willtec® foam, SONEX Mini panels are a safety-minded choice for use in machine enclosures and other confined spaces. Willtec foam is Class 1 fire-rated according to ASTM E 84 for flame spread and smoke density. It can withstand constant temperatures above 300° Fahrenheit, and will char, but not ignite, at temperatures above 1100° Fahrenheit. willtec natural meets the corner burn test UL1715.
Featuring the smallest take on the classic SONEX anechoic wedge pattern, SONEX Mini panels are an exceptional budget choice for noise attenuation. With a Noise Reduction Coefficient (NRC) ranging from 0.50 to 0.65, these open-cell willtec foam panels convert sound energy into quiet, kinetic energy.
SONEX Mini panels are available in natural or water-based HPC coating, are easy to install on any wall and/or enclosure surface with acouSTIC water-based adhesive.
- Panel size of 24″ x 48″
- Typical thickness: 1″ or 1.5″ thickness
- Machine enclosures and print shops
- Other applications requiring thinner panels
- Made from open-cell, natural light grey or white WILLTEC® expanded melamine foam
- Standard water-based acoustic coating color options in arctic white, ivory, beige, light blue, light, medium or dark grey, black and other premium or custom options are available
Direct-Apply, Glue-up Installation
- Use clean, thin, white cotton gloves to handle panels
- Cut acouSTIC™ adhesive cartridge tip to produce ¼ inch (6.4 mm)-diameter bead
- Run a continuous bead of adhesive around the panel’s perimeter, approximately 1.5 inch (38 mm) from edges, then apply intermittent beads from opposite corners through the center of the panel creating an X
- Press panel firmly into place and smooth evenly across it to ensure a strong, lasting bond; adhesive tack should be immediate
acouSTIC adhesive (part number PA-02) has been specially formulated to use with all SONEX®, WILLTEC®, CONTOUR®, WHISPERWAVE panel products, PROSPEC® Foams and Composites. This nontoxic, practically odorless, water-based adhesive makes direct-apply, glue-up installation work quick and easy. acouSTIC adhesive provides an immediate tack between panels and most substrates making for strong, permanent bonds. Other adhesives may not be compatible and may emit an odor.
- Nontoxic, water-based adhesive.
- Easy cleanup with soap and water.
- Compatible with both polyurethane and WILLTEC foams.
- Each 10.3-ounce (304.61 ml) tube installs between 16 and 24 square feet (1.49 and 2.23 square meters) panel coverage.
- Tube fits standard caulking guns.
General Installation Notes
- Handle with care. Do not pick up or handle panels by the corners.
- Store panel boxes flat in clean, dry areas protected from the elements; excessive heat, cold and humidity.
- Do not set or stack anything on top of cartons.
- Work panels with clean hands, tools, ladders, etc. on clean work surfaces. Wear clean, soft white cotton gloves to handle panel installation, recommended.
- Super sharp, stainless steel smooth long-blade insulation knives are ideal for making straight cuts, slicing through thick WILLTEC and SONEX panels. Shorter-length utility and extendable snap-off blade knives are best suited for making smaller detail cuts.
- For best results, cut panels through ‘exposed-to-view’ panel faces.
Installation with acouSTIC
- Make certain that substrate surfaces to which panels will be applied are smooth, clean and level; free of dust, dirt and other residues or contaminants which could inhibit a strong bond to develop.
- Cut adhesive tube tips back to produce a bead flow of 1/4 inch (6.4 mm) diameter.
- Run a continuous bead of adhesive around the panel’s perimeter, approximately 1.5 inch (38 mm) from edges, then apply intermittent beads from opposite corners through the center of the panel creating an X.
- Press panels firmly into place and smooth evenly across them to ensure a strong, lasting bond; adhesive tack should be immediate.
General tolerances & dimensions stability
– Up to 2” – tolerances of +/- 2 MM = +/- 0.08”
– Above 2” – tolerances of +/- 3 MM = +/-1/8”
Length & width:
– Up to 24” tolerance of +/- 3 MM = 1/8”
– Up to 96” tolerance of +/- 6 MM = 1/4”
Sonex convolution (sonex one / valueline / classic / mini / junior):
– Pattern alignment to edge: +/-1”
Due to the nature of willtec material, temperature and humidity may cause dimensional changes of up to 4% by volume.
*Color is impregnated in the foam and has a water-based acoustic coating on top.
A minimum order of five boxes is required for premium colors.
For a custom color, a setup fee of $500 and a minimum order of 700 square feet (65 square meters) is required.