SHIPPING TIME: Natural Finishes typically ship same day to 10 days, Standard Painted finishes typically 10 to 15 days and Premium Colors 15+ days.SHIPPING RESTRICTION: Due to Proposition 65 and local building codes and regulations, polyurethane foam cannot ship into the state of California.
Price per sq. ft.
$254.00 – $686.00
NRC Range: 0.80 – 0.95
Sheet size: 24″ x 48″ and 48″ x 48″
Our most popular foam is still our SONEX Classic wedge pattern, featuring a pattern of deep, alternating wedges.
SONEX Classic panels feature a modified anechoic wedge design for cost-effective, yet impressive sound control. The unique geometric shape of the surface pattern on these panels provides optimum deflection of sound waves, making them an excellent choice for recording and broadcast studios. These versatile panels can also be used in listening rooms, restaurants, production areas and other locations where sound absorption is critically important. Panels offer excellent acoustical control across all frequencies with a Noise Reduction Coefficient (NRC) ranging from 0.75 to 0.80.
SONEX Classic panels are available in natural willtec® or water-based HPC coating.
Regardless of the finish option, Sonex’s exclusive willtec foam is Class 1 fire-rated, according to ASTM E 84 for flame spread and smoke density. Willtec natural and colortec meet the corner burn test UL 1715.
- Typical panel size: Classic 24″x 48″ (610 x 1219 mm) and Junior 24″x 24″ (610 x 610 mm)
- Typical thickness: 2″
- Recording, broadcast studios and listening rooms
- Machine enclosures and print shops
- Indoor firing ranges, museums or interactive display areas
- Clubs, bars and restaurants
- Made from open-cell, natural light grey or white WILLTEC® expanded melamine foam
- Standard water-based acoustic coating color options in arctic white, ivory, beige, light blue, light, medium or dark grey, black and other premium or custom options are available; panels coated on one side and all edges standard
- Non-repeating, omni-directional pattern, square-edge panels standard; optional 15, 22.5, 30 and 45-degree bevel edges also available
Direct-Apply, Glue-up Installation
- Use clean, thin, white cotton gloves to handle panels
- Cut acouSTIC™ adhesive cartridge tip to produce ¼ inch (6.4 mm)-diameter bead
- Run a continuous bead of adhesive around the panel’s perimeter, approximately 1.5 inch (38 mm) from edges, then apply intermittent beads from opposite corners through the center of the panel creating an X
- Press panel firmly into place and smooth evenly across it to ensure a strong, lasting bond; adhesive tack should be immediate
acouSTIC adhesive (part number PA-02) has been specially formulated to use with all SONEX®, WILLTEC®, CONTOUR®, WHISPERWAVE panel products, PROSPEC® Foams and Composites. This nontoxic, practically odorless, water-based adhesive makes direct-apply, glue-up installation work quick and easy. acouSTIC adhesive provides an immediate tack between panels and most substrates making for strong, permanent bonds. Other adhesives may not be compatible and may emit an odor.
- Nontoxic, water-based adhesive.
- Easy cleanup with soap and water.
- Compatible with both polyurethane and WILLTEC foams.
- Each 10.3-ounce (304.61 ml) tube installs between 16 and 24 square feet (1.49 and 2.23 square meters) panel coverage.
- Tube fits standard caulking guns.
General Installation Notes
- Handle with care. Do not pick up or handle panels by the corners.
- Store panel boxes flat in clean, dry areas protected from the elements; excessive heat, cold and humidity.
- Do not set or stack anything on top of cartons.
- Work panels with clean hands, tools, ladders, etc. on clean work surfaces. Wear clean, soft white cotton gloves to handle panel installation, recommended.
- Super sharp, stainless steel smooth long-blade insulation knives are ideal for making straight cuts, slicing through thick WILLTEC and SONEX panels. Shorter-length utility and extendable snap-off blade knives are best suited for making smaller detail cuts.
- For best results, cut panels through ‘exposed-to-view’ panel faces.
Installation with acouSTIC
- Make certain that substrate surfaces to which panels will be applied are smooth, clean and level; free of dust, dirt and other residues or contaminants which could inhibit a strong bond to develop.
- Cut adhesive tube tips back to produce a bead flow of 1/4 inch (6.4 mm) diameter.
- Run a continuous bead of adhesive around the panel’s perimeter, approximately 1.5 inch (38 mm) from edges, then apply intermittent beads from opposite corners through the center of the panel creating an X.
- Press panels firmly into place and smooth evenly across them to ensure a strong, lasting bond; adhesive tack should be immediate.
General tolerances & dimensions stability
– Up to 2” – tolerances of +/- 2 MM = +/- 0.08”
– Above 2” – tolerances of +/- 3 MM = +/-1/8”
Length & width:
– Up to 24” tolerance of +/- 3 MM = 1/8”
– Up to 96” tolerance of +/- 6 MM = 1/4”
Sonex convolution (sonex one / valueline / classic / mini / junior):
– Pattern alignment to edge: +/-1”
Due to the nature of willtec material, temperature and humidity may cause dimensional changes of up to 4% by volume.
*Color is impregnated in the foam and has a water-based acoustic coating on top.
A minimum order of five boxes is required for premium colors.
For a custom color, a setup fee of $500 and a minimum order of 700 square feet (65 square meters) is required.