SHIPPING TIME: Natural Finishes typically ship same day to 10 days, Standard Painted finishes typically 10 to 15 days and Premium Colors 15+ days.SHIPPING RESTRICTION: Due to Proposition 65 and local building codes and regulations, polyurethane foam cannot ship into the state of California.
SONEX WILLTEC Flat Sheet Natural GREY
$35.00 – $1,350.00
SONEX WILLTEC Flat Sheet panels provide superior sound absorption and limitless design possibilities at economical costs.
Rethink direct-apply, glue-up wall and ceiling panel applications. SONEX Online’s lightweight, Class A fire-rated smooth-surface WILLTEC® Flat Sheets are readily available in a variety of shapes, sizes and thicknesses with square- or bevel-edge options.
- Panel size: various square and rectangular shapes up to 48 x 96 inches (1219 to 2438 mm) as well as circular, triangular, trapezoidal and custom
- Thickness: 1 to 4 inches (25 to 102 mm) and custom
- Smooth, clean and level, dust- and oil-free natural or painted drywall, concrete, plywood or metal substrates
- Best suited for small or large, open flat, sloped or curved ceilings; custom-size bay sections, square or rectilinear waffle slab fit-outs
- Open-plan office, educational, dining and retail environments, etc., anywhere acoustic comfort is desired
- Made from open-cell, natural light grey or white WILLTEC® expanded melamine foam
- Square-cut 90- or 15-, 22.5-, 30- and 45-degree bevel edge options
- Standard water-based acoustic coating color options in arctic white, ivory, beige, light blue, light, medium or dark grey, black and other premium or custom options are available
Direct-Apply, Glue-up Installation
- Use clean, thin, white cotton gloves to handle panels
- Cut acouSTIC™ adhesive cartridge tip to produce ¼ inch (6.4 mm)-diameter bead
- Run a continuous bead of adhesive around the panel’s perimeter, approximately 1.5 inch (38 mm) from edges, then apply intermittent beads from opposite corners through the center of the panel creating an X
- Press panel firmly into place and smooth evenly across it to ensure a strong, lasting bond; adhesive tack should be immediate
acouSTIC adhesive (part number PA-02) has been specially formulated to use with all SONEX®, WILLTEC®, CONTOUR®, WHISPERWAVE panel products, PROSPEC® Foams and Composites. This nontoxic, practically odorless, water-based adhesive makes direct-apply, glue-up installation work quick and easy. acouSTIC adhesive provides an immediate tack between panels and most substrates making for strong, permanent bonds. Other adhesives may not be compatible and may emit an odor.
- Nontoxic, water-based adhesive.
- Easy cleanup with soap and water.
- Compatible with both polyurethane and WILLTEC foams.
- Each 10.3-ounce (304.61 ml) tube installs between 16 and 24 square feet (1.49 and 2.23 square meters) panel coverage.
- Tube fits standard caulking guns.
General Installation Notes
- Handle with care. Do not pick up or handle panels by the corners.
- Store panel boxes flat in clean, dry areas protected from the elements; excessive heat, cold and humidity.
- Do not set or stack anything on top of cartons.
- Work panels with clean hands, tools, ladders, etc. on clean work surfaces. Wear clean, soft white cotton gloves to handle panel installation, recommended.
- Super sharp, stainless steel smooth long-blade insulation knives are ideal for making straight cuts, slicing through thick WILLTEC and SONEX panels. Shorter-length utility and extendable snap-off blade knives are best suited for making smaller detail cuts.
- For best results, cut panels through ‘exposed-to-view’ panel faces.
Installation with acouSTIC
- Make certain that substrate surfaces to which panels will be applied are smooth, clean and level; free of dust, dirt and other residues or contaminants which could inhibit a strong bond to develop.
- Cut adhesive tube tips back to produce a bead flow of 1/4 inch (6.4 mm) diameter.
- Run a continuous bead of adhesive around the panel’s perimeter, approximately 1.5 inch (38 mm) from edges, then apply intermittent beads from opposite corners through the center of the panel creating an X.
- Press panels firmly into place and smooth evenly across them to ensure a strong, lasting bond; adhesive tack should be immediate.
General tolerances & dimensions stability
– Up to 2” – tolerances of +/- 2 MM = +/- 0.08”
– Above 2” – tolerances of +/- 3 MM = +/-1/8”
Length & width:
– Up to 24” tolerance of +/- 3 MM = 1/8”
– Up to 96” tolerance of +/- 6 MM = 1/4”
Sonex convolution (sonex one / valueline / classic / mini / junior):
– Pattern alignment to edge: +/-1”
Due to the nature of willtec material, temperature and humidity may cause dimensional changes of up to 4% by volume.
*Color is impregnated in the foam and has a water-based acoustic coating on top.
Premium water-based acoustic coated WILLTEC®
For any commodity product purchase, a minimum order of five boxes is required for premium colors.
For a custom color, a setup fee of $500 and a minimum order of 700 square feet (65 square meters) is required.